Monday, August 13, 2012

Dining Experience at Robokyo and Downtown Tour


While planning a weekend date, I thought of all of the unique privately-owned restaurants that I have learned about during my summer internship at the Greensburg Community Development Corporation. There are countless options to choose from, depending on the type of food you’re craving and desired setting.


Outdoor bar at Robokyo
My boyfriend Michale and I both love Asian style cuisine, so we decided to eat at Robokyo Steakhouse & Sushi.  Robokyo is a Japanese style hibachi restaurant that also has an extensive menu of traditional and specialty sushi and appetizers. Guests may dine inside one of the hibachi rooms for fresh steak, chicken and seafood, prepared on downdraft smokeless Hibachi tables by skilled chefs that entertain guests with tricks and fire while cooking. For guests looking for a more intimate setting, the restaurant also contains a quiet lounge in addition an outdoor patio and bar.


Fried rice with chicken at Robokyo's outdoor patio
 We decided to enjoy a casual date on the outdoor patio, which features a bar with beautiful stonework and tables shaded by umbrellas and adjacent trees.  Upon arrival and with the evening being beautiful, I noticed that other couples had the same idea and were enjoying drinks, sushi and appetizers.  We found a table in corner and spent a few minutes discussing the choices on the menu.  Although there was not a band playing on the evening of our date, Robokyo features live music on the outdoor patio on some evenings.

The food did not disappoint with flavorful dishes of fried rice topped with chicken and steak and garnished with colorful spirals of carrot and purple cabbage. The dishes were made complete with a side of Robokyo’s own ginger dressing. I also enjoy the Philadelphia rolls, made with cream cheese, smoked salmon, asparagus and jalapeno. Robokyo provides a great dining experience for any occasion, from a large group of friends to family dinner or a date.

Kiwi gelato at Sugar & Cream

After our meal, I decided to take Michale on a walking tour downtown. I told him about various shops I have visited and my favorite places to get ice cream and gelato, such as The Cupcake Shoppe, Sugar & Cream and Ice House Creamery. I also told him about the great drinks at DV8 Espresso Bar & Gallery, like Frozen Chai. I enjoyed sharing what I appreciate about the City of Greensburg. I would definitely like to plan another date in the City for the near future!
By Alex Hinton, GCDC Summer Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!